It’s been a long day at work and you pull into your garage and walk to the door of your house. You hit the button to close the garage door on your way in when you notice that the sound of a closing garage door is absent. You press the button again and still nothing. So your garage door isn’t closing. Do you need a new one, or should you just have it repaired?
The answer to that question depends on a lot of things, like how much each service would cost and what would be the best for your current situation. We’ll go over some of the pros and cons of getting new garage doors vs having yours repaired.
Why Won’t It Close?
This is an important question. Usually, it’s cheaper to have your garage door repaired than it is to replace it if there is a simple problem. The more suddenly it has stopped working, the easier it should be to repair. An expert will be able to spot a problem immediately. If you are experiencing this problem at night, don’t wait until the morning for someone to come around to look at it. There are 24-hour garage door repair services in Perth. Here’s why you shouldn’t leave your garage door open or unattended.
There are a few reasons why your garage door might not close and many of these can be solved with repairs rather than replacements.
- Dead transmitter batteries: Meaning that the transmitter won’t be able to send the signal to your motorised opener to close the door.
- Something blocking the door: You should check to make sure there is nothing that the system could have detected that would hinder the door from closing
- Photo eyes are out of alignment: These detect whether anything is in the way of the door so it doesn’t close on a person or object. The eyes should be pointing in the exact same direction and at the same angle
- Track isn’t aligned correctly: Gaps between the rollers and rail, or bends in the rails are a serious problem that will only worsen
- Broken torsion springs: Without working springs, the garage door opener will struggle to lift the weight of the door
With most of these issues, you can safely repair the door. This will be the easier and probably the more affordable option unless there has been serious damage done to your garage door.
In the Event of Damage…
Once you have an expert inspect the problem, you may learn that there is significant damage to the spring mechanisms, the track or the opener. This means that your safety and wellbeing is at risk. If this is the case, then you might want to consider replacing your garage door with a new one.
If your garage door is old and outdated, you’ll not only enjoy better, safer performance but also a whole new look. A new garage door can really enhance the look and feel of your home. Choose an intriguing custom design or a strong and durable Colorbond steel door as a replacement.
You won’t know whether your door needs to be repaired or replaced until you speak with a professional. Call Swan Garage Doors in Perth today for more information. Phone us on 08 7999 7806 and we can send one of our experts over to take a look at your garage door. We will give you a free quote on repairs or a new door and the best advice for your situation.
Call us now if you need 24/7 emergency services!